Straight Talk Ministry -

Straight Talk
What Do You Think?
WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
powered by

My Blog

"Watch Your Mouth"

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: And they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
                                                         Proverbs 18:21 (KJV)

I was having a conversation with a young lady who was talking about her desire to get off work at her scheduled time instead of 15 to 20 minutes later when someone finally comes to relieve her of her duties. Even though she receives Comp time for the time she stays over, she would rather get off on time or at least receive overtime pay.

During our conversation, she spoke of other conversations that had previously taken place with those in leadership pertaining to other matters of concern. One particular comment was made (through frustration) which was filled with facts but ended with the word idiot being used as a reference. I explained to the young lady that when you are engaging in frustrating conversation, it is very important to not allow the message to get lost in the translation. One can be stating cold, hard facts, but once a negative word enters the conversation as a reference, the only thing that is heard is the negative word spoken; thereby leaving the matter of importance unresolved.

Another thing that happens is that a wall begins to form between parties involved and instead of everyone staying focus on the main issue, there is another issue that has to be tended to. And if left unchecked, working relationship are damaged or even destroyed.

The above scripture tells us that the words we speak have the power to build up or tear down; to edify or destroy; to bring life to a situation or cause the death of one. We must take heed to this scripture by making sure we are speaking what we want and not what we don't. Having been given the power of free speech comes with great responsibilities. Let's make sure we are using our power for good and not evil. Be Blessed!

8 Comments to "Watch Your Mouth":

Comments RSS
australianwritings writers on Friday, March 08, 2019 7:10 AM
Working relationship between the parties should be flexible to perform their level best.There are many discussion regarding keeping the working environment safe and secured.A good leader can lead the proper way towards the improvement the quality of the life in the busy life.
Reply to comment

assignment writing service sydney on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 7:25 AM
Words are powerful. It comes out in our mouth and it can really break someone’s heart. Who would have taught that it can? I used to say harmful things before, but now, I am already watching all the words that are coming out of my mouth. This is because sometimes I get into trouble without really knowing that it is my fault. Best thing is to always know your words, some people are not having the same tolerance when it comes to words being said.

instagram online on Friday, March 08, 2019 7:58 PM
Thank you! This is what I need to find. I look forward to seeing more updates from you.
Reply to comment

Assignment Help on Thursday, April 04, 2019 1:19 AM
Mouth is everything in my view. If you speak polite you will get polite response but if you be rude you will get rude. So i suggest before speaking listen first
Reply to comment

resume help on Monday, April 29, 2019 7:05 PM
True indeed! Words are very powerful because it is irreversible. Once spoken, you cannot take it back anymore. I do agree that the presence of negative words can ruin the main point of a certain argument, and a new argument will arise. I remember when someone told to not talk whenever you are angry, and I now understand why. People tend to say things they will soon regret whenever they are angry or frustrated. Your blog really helped me a lot also with the help of the quotations stated before your main article. It really built up your main thought. Keep it up!
Reply to comment

q on Tuesday, May 07, 2019 2:50 AM
q
Reply to comment

dissertation service online on Tuesday, May 07, 2019 8:41 PM
I agree with what you have said. We should always think before we speak. We should always think of everything that we will say. Because once you said it, you can’t take it back. We should be more careful of our words. It might destroy others. We should always consider the things that we will say. We should always think of what would be the outcome before we say anything. Anyways, you have a great blog. I hope I can read more of your blogs! It is worth reading. Keep up the good work and keep on writing!
Reply to comment

play dragon city on Friday, June 28, 2019 12:39 AM
We recommend that they be fed as much as possible and saturated so you can earn more gold! However, gold is not the only currency you need to rest on.
Reply to comment