Straight Talk Ministry -

Straight Talk
What Do You Think?
WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
powered by

My Blog

The Day God Broke My Heart

Though he slay me, yet will I trust him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
                                                             Job 13:15

Five months ago, I received a call at 2:20 in the morning that left my world as I knew it, shattered. It was a phone call from my sister telling me that my 28 yr old nephew (her son) was gone. He had been gunned down 10ft from where he lived after arriving home from work. I was shocked; in disbelief; in awe. My first question was "Why? 'Why would someone want to hurt him."' He was so sweet and gentle in spirit, loved helping people, a hard worker, and a good role model for those who knew him as well as those watching from afar.

So knowing what I knew about my nephew, I could not believe this had happened to him; that this was his fate. My question turned from "Why? to How?" How could this happen to someone who didn't bother anyone. He wasn't confrontational, was loved by all his peers as well as others who knew him. "So how could this happen? or better yet, 'How could you (God) let this happen?"'

My mind wrestled with this for months. The carnal part of me wanted to be upset with God-you know, like Martha in John 11:21, "...Lord if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died." (In my case, "My nephew would not have died.") But the spirit part of me said, "You were there and You allowed it to happen. You must have a good reason for it." Then my carnal mind would say, "This pain is unbearable. How could you let this happen?" The spiritual part of me would say, "I will trust You even though I can't trace You in this situation."

Back and forth these two sides converse with God - pain/hurt vs God's Word; what I was experiencing vs what I knew to be true of God; my human nature vs my spiritual nature. I would love to tell you that I came to a resolve in a few days, but I didn't. This goes on for months. Some people often think that because someone is a Christian, they don't experience pain or suffering. But that's simply not true. We experience it too. And we respond humanly too. We just don't stay there. We know there comes a point where we have to choose between what we see (the natural) and what we know to be true of God and His Word (supernatural). And each one of us comes to this resolve in our own way, in our own time.

The above scripture from Job 13:15 became one of many scriptures that I have had to say to remind myself not to allow the pain of this experience to be a reason for me to walk away from my faith in God. I remind myself of what I know to true about God and my relationship with Him. I stand firm on this knowledge through the tears, the sleepless nights, the lingering questions, the disbelief, and disappointment. And though I don't understand and may never understand why or how this happened, like Job said, "Though he slay me, yet shall I trust him." Be Blessed!

20 Comments to The Day God Broke My Heart:

Comments RSS
Alishia on Monday, February 18, 2019 5:37 AM
Thanks. Someone with the same story like me. Very interesting.

Jessica McIntee on Wednesday, February 20, 2019 10:19 AM
After reading this blog, I took a few days to ponder and think of a response. It's interesting how was can be upset with God, but also depend on Him for healing. Knowing that He is in total control also plays a part in how we can feel. God knows our heart, He knows our exact emotion, He also know exactly what we need. When the flesh and spirit wrestles, that is tiresome. "Though He slay me, yet shall I trust him". That is the best action to take. I know I have said this before, but I will also say this again. I am so sorry for your loss.

Sara Jhon on Friday, March 1, 2019 4:29 AM
Glad I've read this blog. I know there is so much to learn right here. Please keep sharing your insights to your loyal readers. Thanks! Sticker Printing

Lisa Swift on Friday, March 1, 2019 4:33 AM
The best some piece of examining this blog is that it makes me consider how to get the favored perspective from enormous spare stores. e liquid packaging Available

Alina Jones on Friday, March 1, 2019 4:35 AM
Great to read article about Broken heart, you have shared valuable content which I like reading. I will visit this website in future to read more articles. sticker printing in low rates

dissertation writers for hire on Saturday, March 16, 2019 10:41 AM
The day god broke my heart and following essential programs and watching the better services with us,thanks for sharing. The confrontation and allowing disbelief knowledge through understanding the tips.

Assignment Help Australia on Wednesday, March 27, 2019 3:08 AM
Thanks for such a nice blog . Most of students face problems in writing assignment due to lack of knowledge. Students should take online assignment writing service from trusted writing service provider like Global Assignment Help Australia.

Assignment Help on Sunday, March 31, 2019 11:44 PM
This post is quite striking and helped me to gain deep understanding of some of my academic topics. I would recommend everyone to choose Assignment Help Australia. You can email us at cs@Myassignmenthelpau.Com or Phone Number: +61-2-8005-8227

Nursing Assignment Help on Sunday, March 31, 2019 11:44 PM
This post is not just informative but impressive also. The post is so convincing that it created an urge to choose Nursing Assignment Help services. You can email us at cs@Myassignmenthelpau.Com or Phone Number: +61-2-8005-8227

Online dating on Saturday, November 2, 2019 5:53 AM
Прекрасный сайт знакомств онлайн для поиска второй половинки. Крупная база анкет желающих познакомиться со всего мира. Регистрация бесплатная и не требует подтверждения по SMS. Удобный поиск по анкетам знакомств. Регистрируйтесь и ищите будущего супруга или супругу прямо в настоящий момент Онлайн знакомства для любви и секса

online assignment help on Wednesday, December 4, 2019 3:20 AM
The students who are often in need for assistance in their assignment work are often led towards a trap by these so called online assignment help websites.

English Assignment Help UK on Thursday, December 19, 2019 3:55 AM
Great, i must say and thanks for sharing this informative post.I am really impressed that there is so much information about this subject that have been uncovered and you’ve done your best, MyAssignmenthelp.co.uk is giving help to students who is stressed with their homework help and submit their assignment on time.we are already trusted by thousands of students who struggle to write their academic papers and also by those students who simply want English Assignment Help UK to save their time and make life easy

Programming Assignment Help on Wednesday, January 1, 2020 12:11 AM
At IdealAssignmentHelp, we take utmost care of using relevant framework of C++ to provide students the simplest quality programming assignment help we have a team of academic experts, who are providing best quality assignment help. Our specialists of programming field are not only highly qualified, also are industry experts. For any clarification or assistance please contact us through our 24 X 7 online customer support.
Reply to comment

professional research paper writing service on Thursday, January 2, 2020 4:54 AM
Thanks,I am really impressed that there is so much information about this subject that have been uncovered and you’ve done your best, MyAssignmenthelp.com is giving help to students who is stressed with their homework help and submit their assignment on time.we are already trusted by thousands of students who struggle to write their academic papers and also by those students who simply want professional research paper writing service to save their time and make life easy

Urgent assignment help on Wednesday, January 8, 2020 10:09 PM
Urgent assignment help is provided by top assignment experts. Most of these experts are Ph.D. qualified in their respective subjects and are well experienced in academic writing. They know all the requirements of a high-quality assignment and follow all the requirements provided by universities. Urgent assignment help is provided at affordable prices and having a good team of experts provides assurance of timely delivery of assignments. Even if you have a short notice period, there are assignment help providers such as Best Assignment Experts who can complete your task within the deadline. Experts always provide high-quality and plagiarism free content that is the main requirement if you want to score better grades.

Useless Websites on Saturday, February 8, 2020 10:41 PM
The Day God Broke My Heart Useless Websites

Eyal Nachum on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 6:13 AM
Developed financial institution products locate themselves increasingly displaced as well as for both companies and consumers banking has mainly come to be more practical, efficient and easy of access. Unlike conventional financial institutions, FinTech startups run versatile and quickly when it involves implement brand-new services based on altering demands. Eyal Nachum is a fintech guru and a director at Bruc Bond. Eyal is the architect of the software that SMEs use to do cross-border payments.

Micheal Hedge on Monday, March 23, 2020 11:36 AM
The aortic aneurysm with aortic valve regurgitation is a condition that occurs when your heart's aortic valve doesn't close tightly. Aortic valve regurgitation allows some of the blood that was pumped out of your heart's main pumping chamber (left ventricle) to leak back into it. Dr. Eyal Nachum is a senior cardiologist working in Heart Transplantation Unit, Sheba Medical Center, Ramat Gan, Israel.

small tattoos on Monday, March 30, 2020 11:52 PM
small tattoos https://inksmalltattoos.com/ small tattoos

online Urgent Essays assignment help UK on Thursday, May 7, 2020 10:26 PM
Well, we had many students who came to us after not receiving their urgent essays on time and we instantly helped them with the best quality work. We keep our promises for the timely delivery or else we don't except if it cannot be done. Best assignment experts have the best assignment help provider around the globe for any kind of urgent essays.