Straight Talk Ministry -

Salutations
Straight Talk
What Do You Think?
WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
powered by

My Blog

How To Love Your Enemies?

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.

Jesus (Matthew 5:44)

In this scripture, we are told to love and do good deeds to people who aren't nice to us; people who have set out to do us harm or have caused us harm. I think one of the hardest thing we will ever have to do is to do the opposite of what our natural desire wants to do. Our primary response is to defend ourselves. But here, Jesus is telling us to do four things: love, bless, do good, and pray. Though this is challenging, it speaks volumes to how to overcome evil with good (Romans 12:21).

What are some examples of this? What does this look like for you?

7 Comments to How To Love Your Enemies?:

Comments RSS
Jessica Tate on Sunday, November 05, 2017 4:02 AM
Recently , I had a trainer who was not really nice to me and who spoke negatively about me to other people . I would get upset because i could not react the way I wanted to. I knew that if I did, “my light” would dim . I also knew that the only way to overcome evil was with good . I constantly prayed and fast for her because I knew it wasnt her, it was the spirit inside of her . Although I prayed and fast , I still complained . This scripture tells us to pray for those against us and to do good , it never said to complain. So the next time that I am faced with this type of situation, I will do my best not to complain!
Reply to comment

Walter on Thursday, November 09, 2017 3:28 AM
I know that loving your enemy is not an easy task to do. When someone talks about or do things to you that are not respectful toward you, it can be very disturbing! The word say we should love our enemies and show them kindness, now that's a problem. It is much easier just to leave them alone, instead showing them kindness, but Jesus shows us kindness everyday. I know for me it is easier to love our enemies that we know,ie, friends and family members, but what about the ones we don't know? I love the Lord and I try to obey His commandments, so I give Grace in trying or hard times because God gives me Grace. Thank you Jesus for your Grace and Mercy!!!
Reply to comment

australianwritings.com on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 2:56 AM
Love every person and thing present on this planet. Nothing is useless in this world. Try to nice towards every people even who treat you badly. Because you can impress and change the behavior of the others through your nice behavior.
Reply to comment

essayontime on Friday, December 14, 2018 4:38 AM
It is God that told us to love everyone, of course, this include our enemies. I mean, why do we even have enemies in the first place? Is hatred really such a good feeling? Because I, personally, think that letting go of hatred is simply easier. It is also much less stressful to just give love rather than to continue hating someone. Forgiving and letting go can really help your heart feel more at ease. The feeling of having peace is really wonderful.
Reply to comment

Anonymous on Tuesday, January 01, 2019 8:08 PM
YJFTJF
Reply to comment

best resume writing companies 2018 on Thursday, January 03, 2019 11:48 PM
This is one if the lessons from the bible that I hold very dear and applies in my everyday life. "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you" is what the bible in dealing with your enemies. I remember the parable Jesus gave in example on how should you be dealing with enemies. It is the Good Samaritan, where a Jew helped a Samaritan when he saw him lying on the side of the road. Despite knowing that their clans are the enemies of one another.
Reply to comment

replica omega horloge on Monday, April 01, 2019 6:27 AM
Those are great habits! Thank you for sharing.
Reply to comment